Ocean Startup Challenge
Meet the new and diverse companies chosen for the first Challenge cohort.
Turn your idea or technology into a wave of opportunity
The Ocean Startup Challenge is designed to support innovators who are developing technologies that can be applied to large ocean problems.
Key dates for the Ocean Startup Challenge
- Applications open: June 4, 2020
- Virtual info sessions: July 7, 2020 & August 4, 2020
- Virtual bootcamp: July 9, 2020
- Applications close: August 14, 2020
- Shortlist companies notified: September 4, 2020
- Shortlist announcement: September 8, 2020
- Pitch presentations: September 22-24
- Finalists selected: September 28, 2020
- Winners announced: September 30, 2020
You will have 10 weeks to develop your skills and prepare your submission. Applicants will be shortlisted and invited to participate in further training opportunities. Companies will pitch their solution to panel of industry experts for the chance to be selected as one of up to 10 companies to receive $25,000 for prototyping and business development.
About the Ocean Startup Project
The Ocean Startup Project is a pan-Atlantic collaboration between six Atlantic Canadian organizations that believe Canada is the best place to launch and grow an ocean technology company.
Apply for the Ocean Startup Challenge today.